Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Intro

First I just want to say that I have started this blog to share my experiences and maybe even lend some advice to those in similar situations as me.

I am the wife of someone who works in Residence Life and Housing at a college/university.  At times it can be a very lonely life between some late nights, long weekends and conferences, but its a very rewarding thing as well.  I love watching my husband excel in his career and I know he loves what he does.  As this blog goes on I will talk about what I do as a wife and a mom to help the lonely times pass with more ease.  I will share events, recourses and places I frequent to keep me and the girls busy while my husband is busy.

I have been married to my husband for five and a half years.  Been with him for seven and a half.  We met while I was finishing up my undergraduate degree and he was finishing up his masters degree.  Right away I knew what he was going to school for and what he wanted to do with his career.  We have two wonderful daughters and even though it's hard at times when their dad is away, life couldn't be any better.

Since graduating we have moved to several places while Casey(my husband) has expanded his career.  The first year after graduating we found ourselves at Illinois State University where he severed as a hall director.  After a year there we moved to New York where for two years Casey was a hall director at SUNY Oswego.  That is where our oldest daughter, Alexis, was born.  When an opportunity came up to move up in the field, we made the decision to move to Grand Forks, ND where Casey got a job as an Assistant Director in the housing office at University of North Dakota(UND).  We have been here for four years and just 8 months ago we welcomed out second daughter, Chloe, into the world and our family.

It's here in North Dakota where we have experienced the most and have had our relationship and family tested.  Casey travels at least three times a year for his job, each time requiring him to be gone at least three days, sometimes more.  It's during those times that I will be sharing how I handle and what I with the girls while Casey is away.

I hope by creating this blog, I will be able to help other wives, maybe even husbands, of those whose significant others are in the same field as my husband.  It can be difficult at times, but hopefully my experiences will be able to help some of you get through the tough times and we can share experiences, share helpful tips, and resources.

Stay tuned as I start blogging, sharing my experiences.  I will post links to various things that I come across, events, locations and other things that help me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment